1. Call the police and file a report.
2. Create a credit alert if any bank cards or laptop information have been stolen.
3. Phone your insurance company and find out what is needed to make a claim.
4. Consider changing the locks.
5. After a day or two, do a full inventory of the premises. You may discover more items have been taken and you can amend the police report if so.
6. If you are renting, contact your landlord.
7. Let your neighbours know what has happened.
8. Account for all spare house and car keys.